Sunday 17 July 2011

Century Wings F-14A VF-84 Jolly Rogers AJ203

This my favourite plane and model in my collection.

Manufacturer: Century Wings
Product code587199
Scale: 1/72
Availability: Worldwide
Release date: April 2007
Price: 7140 yen






After missing out on AJ202, the first of the 'kneeling' F-14 Tomcats, I hurried to get hold of this one. I would say this is my favourite F-14 model by Century Wings. Mainly because it is very unique in that it is displayed with the front landing gear in a lowered position with wing flaps and slats down in preparation for take off from an aircraft carrier. The wings of this model are not moveable. It looks exceptionally well with an aircraft carrier diorama base. 



With carrier diorama by Airstrike Toys







3 comments:

  1. Shame the wings don't move on this one. I used to have a die cast of this tomcat with the Jolly Roger as a kid but the wings were in swept position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, its just this model that doesn't allow moving wings because the flaps are extended so it won't fit into the body. But the same brand also does the 'normal' version that allows sweeping wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only Tomcat model I can find that kneels. As an F-14 Plane Captain for me that's a better function than wing sweep. Having one that had all moving surfaces would be a dream though.

    ReplyDelete