Sunday 17 July 2011

Gemini Aces P-51B Salem Representative

Hi,
I'm going to start this blog with a recently arrived item. This is the Gemini Aces P-51B Salem Representative that was commissioned by Jumblies Models in the UK.


Manufacturer: Gemini Aces
Scale: 1/72
Availability: UK Exclusive
Release date: June 2011
Price: £35





Compared to the previous release of the P-51B 352nd George Preddy 'Cripes A Mighty', this model was a better release.
The previous model suffered a 'back to front' propeller, so it was a relief to see this model had the propeller attached correctly. It features a great colour scheme representing one of the USAAF's greatest Aces of World War II, Ralph 'Kidd' Hofer. The main let down I found with this model was  the ill-fitting display stand that came with the model and a bit of the olive drab on the wings not fully covering the top. Other than that, I like the release of this model. I've been waiting a long time for Gemini Aces to produce a P-51 belonging to the 4th Fighter Group. I hope they will do Don Gentile's plane one day. Corgi did it, but I won't touch Corgi mustangs with a 10ft pole.





No comments:

Post a Comment